Making a Leopard Print Key Ring
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
November 18, 2015
I love giving gifts to my friends during Christmas time! This year I have decided to make them something small but useful. I made key ring holders, using the skin of a leopard as my inspiration. The gifts are easy to make and could easily be adjusted to each friend's personal taste. The key ring holders could also be used as stocking fillers. A great way to make giving during the Festive season affordable!
Total Time: three hours and 20 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one key ring holder
Source: South Africa's wild life, which is one of my favorite things!
- 3 inch high wooden laser cut heart
- nickel plated key ring
- Docrafts clear 3D gloss pen
- Giotto neon yellow textile pen
- Artline 210 fineliner black pen
- brown, orange, and dark blue colored felt-tip pens
- Color the top side of the heart with the neon yellow pen and allow to dry.
- Use the pencil to draw leopard spots onto the heart.
- Color the inside of the spots with the orange pen.
- Add the black borders around the spots.
- Use the brown pen to add a small shadow to the inside of each spot.
- Add a dot of blue on the edge of each black spot. While the ink is still wet, lightly rub over the ink with your finger to add a bluish shadow to the yellow background.
- Cover the top of the heart with the clear 3D gloss. Gently pop any air bubbles that might appear with a pin. Allow to dry for three hours before continuing. Note: The gloss will lighten the color effect of the pens.
- Add the key ring and voila!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.