Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain

Category Laundry
If your washer drains into your washtub or utility sink you don't want all of that lint clogging the drain. This is a page about making a lint trap for a washtub drain.

A washing machine repairman told me to put a pantyhose leg on the pipe that drains into our slop sink. I was surprised to see how much lint it caught. All that lint would eventually clog our drain, and plumbers are expensive! I also have a mesh filter in the drain itself.

I use the good leg from a ripped pair of pantyhose. I also go to garage sales and buy pantyhose for a good price, so I always have some on hand.

Source: Washing machine repairman

Prevent lint from clogging a washtub drain when the clothes washing machine drains into it by covering the drain hose with old pantyhose. Just cut off a 5 inch section of leg from the pantyhose and a 1 inch section. Slip the longer section over the drain hose. Cut the smaller section to use as a fastener. Be sure t o knot the fastener tightly to secure the "lint trap" to the drain hose.

By Joan E in MN

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 9, 2015
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Lint-Trap-for-a-Washtub-Drain.html