Making a Magnetic Chalk Board
A homemade chalkboard is cheap/easy to make, and fun for children and adults of all ages!
Approximate Time: 3 hours + depending on size
- sheet metal (in order to also be magnetic)
- chalkboard spray paint (available at hardware stores)
- wooden planks cut to size for a frame (available at a hardware store)
- electric drill and screws for the frame
- Visit the hardware store for all the supplies that you will need. The friendly people there will cut everything down to the size that you want your chalkboard to be. Remember that the sheet metal is going to be your chalkboard, get it cut larger if you plan on attaching a frame.
- Follow the directions on the back of the chalkboard spray paint, let it dry before attaching a frame. Remember, it may need several coats.
- There are several ways to attach a frame to the painted sheet metal, our piece was thin enough that we turned it over and used an electric drill and screwed short screws into the wood, this way they do not show in the front. It looks very professional. A frame is not necessary.
- Have fun drawing pictures or jotting out quick notes!
By Grace from Seattle, WARead More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
October 17, 2011
I do monthly grocery shopping, when I buy groceries in bulk. However, I buy fresh produce and items such as bread and milk, on a regular basis.
Sometimes, though, I run out of milk, because I tend to forget that the milk is running low.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.