Making a Memory Book

We just gave my mother-in-law a Memory Book for her 70th Birthday. We sent emails and letters to everyone in her email, address list and phone book. We asked them to write letters remembering funny or touching stories about her and how they met her.

Most of the people we contacted included photos; some even hand wrote the letters on beautiful stationary. Then we sorted them by category: childhood friends, family, business acquaintances, cultural group members, neighbors, young parents together, etc.

For each group, we selected a border for the letter based on that group. For example, the childhood friends had a border of children holding hands. Then we printed each letter on card stock with the borders, placed each in a page protector, and added to a three ring binder.

We received over 200 letters in all and it was well worth the time, and not much money spent. Needless to say, she loved it!

Source: A family project that was given as a gift.

By elle from Columbia, MO

3 More Solutions

Our children live in other states, but we always get together in the summer for a reunion at one of our homes. This year, I am making each one a memory book using all the pictures/drawings from their earliest years.

I've discovered how using a binder with a few simple office supplies and some slight creativity can be used to preserve greeting cards and special memories for years to come.

I am looking for a form that I can send friends and relatives of my dad who is turning 90. I want them to write down memories of my dad and we can then put them all in a book as a gift for him.

By MP

Answer this Question
Crafts Book Making Book MakingMarch 11, 2013
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Memory-Book.html