Making a Personalized Alphabet Book

Category Book Making
young boy looking at an alphabet book
A fun project to make for a preschooler using people, animals and things that come from the child's own environment. This is a guide about making a personalized alphabet book.

I made a personalized alphabet book for a young child using a small photo album. I used current and past pictures of people and things familiar to the child. Example: On one side I put "M" is for Mommy and I put a picture of her Mommy on the facing page. The child did not know what I was doing and she happily held some of the items (example: eggs in a bowl, because her family raises hens for the eggs). The project was great fun to do and the child cherishes it.

By Carole

What a creative idea & simple. This could be done for anything you want the child to learn, or anything the child likes. Great idea! Kids seem to especially like photos of loved ones, but also of themselves & other children & babies seem to draw the attention of the young.

Hello my name is Vivian and I own a scrapbooking store in South Florida (Let's Scrap). Alphabet books are very popular for young children. The nice thing about it is that you can pesonalize it. Just like you said M is for mommy and a picture of mommy there. Remember to have it in a page protector if possible for those unforseen spills and teething moments. Best of luck!!