Making a Pillow Form
If you can't find the right size form for your project try making one yourself. This is a page about making a pillow form
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I am planning to provide a photo documented project similar to a one found on Thriftyfun, submitted in 2009: Handle Pillow. In preparation for that project I needed a 6 x 8 inch pillow. Making my own pillow form was the obvious way to begin.
Total Time: 1.5 hours
- white muslin fabric
- cardboard for template
- sewing machine
- First I drew my template on a piece of recycled folder paper. I wanted my finished pillow to be roughly 6 x 8 inches. The template was drawn to include seam allowances of 1/4 inch, so the finished template measured 6.5 x 8.5 inches.
- Pin template to muslin, cutting two rectangles.
- Pin muslin pieces, right sides together and stitch on your machine, taking a 1/4 inch seam. Leave a 3 inch opening to stuff your pillow.
- Snip corners.
- Turn pillow cover right side out and finger press seams. You can also use an iron or a fabric seam pressing tool.
- Stuff the pillow cover to your satisfaction, adjusting the polyfil to get an even coverage.
- The final step is to stitch the opening closed.
- You have finished your pillow form.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.