Making a Pumpkin Seed Blessing Jar Gift
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
August 28, 2018
Here is a great way to turn an empty jar into a blessing for the fall season. Decorate the jar with fall colored elements and fill it with pumpkin seeds. Print your favorite recipe using pumpkin seeds on a matching card and you have a perfect gift to spread some love at the beginning of fall.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one seed-filled jar
- 4 inch high empty clear glass jar with lid
- pumpkin seeds to fill the jar with
- unbleached linen
- A4 sized piece of cream and brown guipure embroidered lace
- A6 sized ordinary white printer paper
- 1.2 inch wide brown paper ribbon with printed music notes
- 15mm wide cream-with-golden-polka-dots washi tape
- cream colored paper raffia
- Sellotape clear packaging tape
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- strong bonding glue
- standard scissors
- From the unbleached linen, cut a strip that would fit around the glass jar. Use the hot glue gun to secure the one end of the linen strip to the jar. Wrap the strip tightly around the jar and secure the second end in place.
- Hot glue the brown paper ribbon around the jar and cut off any remaining ribbon.
- Cut flowers and leaves from the guipure embroidered lace, and hot glue them all around the jar.
- From the piece of printer paper, cut a circle that would fit on the lid. Cover the one side of the circle with the washi tape, followed by a layer of the clear packaging tape. Use the strong bonding glue to affix the covered circle to the jar's lid.
- Fill the jar with the pumpkin seeds. Use the paper raffia to add a bow around the jar's neck and cut off any remaining raffia. Tip: Add a drop of hot glue to the knot, so that the bow won't come undone.
- Screw the lid on tightly. Add your favorite recipe to a matching card and voila!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.