Making a Race Car Game

Category Toys
Some easy to come by materials and a bit of creativity go into making this fun game for your kids to play using their toy cars. This is a guide about making a race car game.

This game is simple to make and fun to play. It will also give your kids practice in addition.

Approximate Time 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cover the box with paper. Use tape to secure the paper to the box.
  2. Draw several doorways along one side of the box and cut these out.
  3. Decorate the box with stickers. If you like, you can attach some stickers to toothpicks to make little racing flags and then stick them on the box.
  4. Place a blank sticker above each doorway. Write a different number on each of these. This will be the number of points a player receives if his/her car goes through this doorway.
  5. Ad

6. To play, each player pushes a car toward the box. If their car goes through the doorway, they get that number of points. Each player takes five turns with their car, then adds up their points. The one with the highest number of points after everyone has had their turn is the winner.

By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

BRAVO!!! I think this is just an awesome idea!!!
I have a young son and he would be able to do this as well as older kids and even Dads I could see enjoy the moment doing this! Thanks for sharing!
Great birthday hint!

well now I know what I'm doing this weekend!! Thanks that is soooooo cute!