Making a Race Car Game
Some easy to come by materials and a bit of creativity go into making this fun game for your kids to play using their toy cars. This is a page about making a race car game
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This game is simple to make and fun to play. It will also give
your kids practice in addition.
Approximate Time 30 minutes
- cardboard box
- wrapping, craft or "news" paper
- cellophane tape
- stickers, decorated and blank
- toothpicks (optional)
- small play vehicles
- Cover the box with paper. Use tape to secure the paper to the box.
- Draw several doorways along one side of the box and cut these out.
- Decorate the box with stickers. If you like, you can attach some stickers to toothpicks to make little racing flags and then stick them on the box.
- Place a blank sticker above each doorway. Write a different number on each of these. This will be the number of points a player receives if his/her car goes through this doorway.
- To play, each player pushes a car toward the box. If their car goes through the doorway, they get that number of points. Each player takes five turns with their car, then adds up their points. The one with the highest number of points after everyone has had their turn is the winner.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.