Making a Recycled Deviled Eggs Tray

Category Decorations
Make a decorative, elevated deviled egg stand for your Easter dinner table. This is a page about making a recycled deviled eggs tray.

Debra Frick

When we do dyed eggs for our grandchildren I always end up making deviled eggs to go with our Easter ham or leg of lamb. I love to set a beautiful table so I decided this year I was going to try and make myself an elevated egg stand. This is a quick and easy project with parts that I bought a my local thrift store when they had a 50% off sale. The total was 3.00 dollars total.

I chose clear glass because this way I could also use my egg stand when ever I did a buffet, but if you wanted to use a ceramic egg tray and a ceramic bowl or cup that would contrast or match one of the colors in your egg tray you could do that too. You just need to make sure that the base is large enough to support your egg tray.

Time to complete: 10 minutes plus drying time

Materials

Instructions

The instructions on this one are really a no brainer.

1. Remove the price tags and wash both pieces thoroughly. I turned my sundae glass upside down so that the large mouth was the base.
  2. Using a grease pencil I marked and measured the middle of my egg tray. Now you can just eyeball this or if you want to be more precise you can measure the base and the mark the middle of your egg tray or using the grease pencil just lay the plate flat and draw around the base.
  3. Advertisement

4. With the silicone caulk make a small bead around top edge of your base. Smooth with your finger. Gently lay the tray on the base centering it to your marks and gently rotate. Do not apply any force downward because most adhesives work well if not pushed out in-between the contact surfaces. Let dry for at least 2 hours before moving and let it dry for a complete 24 hours before using.

This will need to be hand washed as it will not be dishwasher safe. Use the wired ribbon to make a bow for the base if you like.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Easter DecorationsJanuary 21, 2017
📓
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Recycled-Deviled-Eggs-Tray.html