Making a St. Patrick's Day Card
Use card stock, scrapbook paper, and a few other supplies to create your own St. Patrick's Day card. You can print a message inside the card before beginning the project or hand write it with a black permanent marker.
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- white cardstock
- scrapbook paper with green design
- paper doily
- scrapbook tape or glue
- green craft foam
- green glitter
- computer and printer
- 8 inch piece of 1-inch wired ribbon
- scrap of 1/4 inch wide green ribbon
- If desired, use a computer and printer and print message on card stock that will appear inside the card. The message inside my card reads: "A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have."
- Fold card stock in half.
- Cut a shamrock from green craft foam and cover one side with glue. Sprinkle on green glitter and tap to remove excess. Set aside to dry.
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit bottom half of card front (approximately 4 x 5 1/2 inches). Use scrapbook tape or glue to stick scrapbook paper to bottom of card front.
- Cut the scalloped edges from a rectangular or square paper doily. Measure and cut the pieces to frame the top portion of the card (along top and sides, as shown). Glue these in place.
- Slightly gather the piece of wired ribbon by pulling the two wires and easing the ribbon until it measures 5 1/2 inches. Glue the ribbon horizontally across the center front of the card and snip off the excess wires.
- Write or print out "Happy St. Patrick's Day" onto a white piece of paper. Cut out and glue to bottom center of card (onto the scrapbook paper).
- Glue the shamrock to the top center of the card. Tie a small bow from the 1/4 inch wide ribbon and glue it on top of the gathered ribbon (to the right side).
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NCRead More Comments
The four leaf clover is a symbol of luck and is often used in crafts around St. Patrick's Day, although not tied completely to this holiday.
This is a page about making a four leaf clover card.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.