Making a St. Patrick's Day Card
Celebrate the St. Patrick's Day with these handmade cards. It's a great way to show your Irish spirit to those near and far. This guide has directions for making a St. Patrick's Day card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use card stock, scrapbook paper, and a few other supplies to create your own St. Patrick's Day card. You can print a message inside the card before beginning the project or hand write it with a black permanent marker.
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- white cardstock
- scrapbook paper with green design
- paper doily
- scrapbook tape or glue
- green craft foam
- green glitter
- computer and printer
- 8 inch piece of 1-inch wired ribbon
- scrap of 1/4 inch wide green ribbon
- If desired, use a computer and printer and print message on card stock that will appear inside the card. The message inside my card reads: "A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have."
- Fold card stock in half.
- Cut a shamrock from green craft foam and cover one side with glue. Sprinkle on green glitter and tap to remove excess. Set aside to dry.
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit bottom half of card front (approximately 4 x 5 1/2 inches). Use scrapbook tape or glue to stick scrapbook paper to bottom of card front.
- Cut the scalloped edges from a rectangular or square paper doily. Measure and cut the pieces to frame the top portion of the card (along top and sides, as shown). Glue these in place.
- Slightly gather the piece of wired ribbon by pulling the two wires and easing the ribbon until it measures 5 1/2 inches. Glue the ribbon horizontally across the center front of the card and snip off the excess wires.
- Write or print out "Happy St. Patrick's Day" onto a white piece of paper. Cut out and glue to bottom center of card (onto the scrapbook paper).
- Glue the shamrock to the top center of the card. Tie a small bow from the 1/4 inch wide ribbon and glue it on top of the gathered ribbon (to the right side).
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
March 18, 20190 found this helpful
The four leaf clover is a symbol of luck and is often used in crafts around St. Patrick's Day, although not tied completely to this holiday.
This is a guide about making a four leaf clover card.