Making a Pot of Golden Treats for St. Patrick's Day
March 6, 2019
At the end of every rainbow is a pot of gold. The leprechaun left its powerful green hat that saves him from traps. It's caught in a trap and the princess was able to slide herself down the long rainbow. She fell into a pot of gold under thick clouds at the end of the rainbow where the leprechaun's hat was left.
That's the story running inside my mind while doing this craft.
Note : if you don't have this black container use the bottom of a plastic bottle and color with black paint.
- assorted colors of construction paper (colors of the rainbow)
- packs of chocolate coins
- crayon/oil pastel
- 1 black disposable container
- Draw a cloud on a piece of white paper.
- Fold the paper and cut so you can have two clouds.
- Shade the edges with blue crayon or oil pastel.
- Rub the blue traces using a piece of cotton to spread the color and to add detail to the clouds. Set them aside.
- Estimate the size of the rainbow. Draw two curved lines with one smaller than the other.
- Cut this out to make a curved strip.
- Use the first strip to trace the next color. The upper curve of the second strip should fit the size of the lower curve on the first strip.
- Do the same to the rest of the rainbow colors.
- Apply glue on the lower curve of the first color.
- Stick the colors into place.
- Glue the two clouds on each of the two ends of the rainbow.
- Stick this onto the black container using hot glue.
- Add decorations such as a leprechaun's hat and clover leaves.
- Put all your gold coins inside.
- Share your pot of gold with everyone on St. Patrick's Day!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.