Making a St. Patrick's Day Theme Hanging Wall Sign
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
March 10, 2020
We don't personally celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but the kids learn about St. Patrick's Day at school, so I like to do small crafts.
Here's an inexpensive way to decorate your home with this hanging wall sign made from cardboard. (I recycled the cardboard from a box I ordered online).
Total Time: Varies depending how much time you have. This took me 2 days because I didn't have time + paint drying time
- acrylic paint + paint brush
- cardboard box
- ribbon sticker
- heart puncher
- scrap pieces of paper
- Cut cardboard to the size you would like your sign to be. Paint with your choice of color. I used green acrylic paint. Allow to dry. I allowed it to dry overnight.
- Using any scrap paper or card stock, punch a heart shape out. Trace 4 times to resemble clover.
- Using the punch out as a stencil, paint 4 leaf clover. (Note: I made 4 stencils. You can reuse the stencils after the paint dries or else paint will transfer, or you could paint without the stencil). Allow to dry.
- Figure out what phrase you'd like to put over the clover. I wanted to write home, but you can write luck, hello, St. Patrick's Day, St. Patties Day, anything you'd like. Freehand draw your phrase with a pencil and go over it with black acrylic paint.
- Once dried, add finishing touches with ribbon sticker around the sign. Cut the ribbon and secure behind the cardboard to create a sign to be hung. I also made a bow with some extra ribbon and attached it to the sign with a glue dot in the center.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.