Making a Vintage Music Birthday Card
Old or aged pieces of sheet music are great for use in many crafts such as this lovely birthday card. This is a page about making a vintage music birthday card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you love crafting with music sheets, then this card will be perfect! This stunning vintage birthday card will speak to young and old, and will make the recipient feel very special.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one birthday card
- printout of the provided pattern sheet ~ click here to download
- A4 music sheet
- 6 x 8.2 in caramel colored cardstock
- 5.6 x 3.7 in cream colored cardstock
- 5.2 x 3.4 in rose embossed gold paper
- A6 sized piece of desert sand colored cardstock
- six 5mm beige multi-faceted rhinestones
- six 5mm clear multi-faceted rhinestones
- six small 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- any suitable left-over pieces of matching cardstock for the flowers
- half a cup of black tea
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Rolkem gold dusting powder
- box of matches
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- standard scissors
- sponge ~ use one that was in a medicine bottle
- Use the tea and sponge to stain the music sheet to give it a vintage look. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Score the caramel colored cardstock to create a card sized 6" x 4.1".
- With the fold to the left, centre and glue the cream colored cardstock to the front of the card.
- Centre and glue the rose embossed gold paper to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece sized 5.6" x 3.7" from the aged music sheet. Burn the edges of the paper with the matches. Then glue the burned piece of music sheet to the front of the card.
- Trace the music note on to the desert sand colored cardstock and cut out the note. Glue the six beige rhinestones to the stem of the note.
- Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the note to the front of the card.
- Punch six flowers from the left-over pieces of cardstock and glue the flowers to the card. Glue a clear rhinestone to the centre of each flower.
- Use the paintbrush and the gold dusting powder to add a gold shimmer to the note's head, and to the music sheet.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.