Making an Upcycled Cardboard Box Gift Basket

Category Baskets
Upcycle sturdy cardboard boxes to make this pretty display gift basket. This would be perfect as a thoughtful present or as a donation to an auction.

I make little gift baskets as birthday gifts for my co-workers with products I coupon. I like to gift self love, mini pampering kits, essentially "me time" in a basket.

In the basket include:

- face masks
- deodorant
- make up remover
- eyeliner
- lip gloss
- lip stick
- mascara
- razors

For the 10 items, with deals and coupons - I spent less than $10. This gift basket is valued at $45.

I ran out of gift baskets, but I was able to up-cycle a cardboard box (Justin's Peanut Butter Cup) into a presentable gift basket.

Total Time: 35 minutes

• craft sticks
  • clear bag
  • cardboard box
  • ribbon
  • hot glue gun
  • masking tape
  • scissors
  • pencil

1. Determine how many craft sticks you need to go around your entire gift basket.
  2. Advertisement

3. Once you determine how many craft sticks needed, I used making tape and lined up the sticks.
  4. I lined the taped craft sticks against the cardboard box and using a pencil, made a line where to cut.
  5. Cut the sticks.
  6. Repeat this process on all edges to complete the gift basket.
  7. Advertisement

8. From Step 4 (the remainder craft stick pieces) can be used for the front of this gift basket - I just had to trim a little bit of the cardboard box in the front.
  9. Once all the craft stick pieces are cut, you can paint your cardboard box or cover the cardboard packaging with Trueblock labels. I did not want the words peeking through.
  10. Now you are ready to hot glue all the craft stick pieces onto the box.
  11. Advertisement

12. Place all the goodies you want in the gift basket. I used a bread baggie I bought from Walmart to fit the gift basket in.
  13. Optional: I used a clothespin and attached a homemade card. The card I made from photo paper and acrylic paint. I dabbed paint on with a sponge brush and allowed it to dry. Using edger scissors I cut out a card shape and I wrote "Happy Birthday".
  14. Place gift basket in the baggie and secure with a bow and it's ready to gift!
  15. Advertisement

In These Pages
Holidays and Parties Gifts BasketsApril 22, 2020
👒
🌻
🐛
😷
👔

Generated 2020-04-26 14:44:38 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️