Medicare Advice

Do you prefer the original Medicare plan, and also adding a supplement (referred to as Medi-gap) and a prescription plan (plan D), or do you prefer a type of plan called Medicare Advantage plan that incorporates all three in one (the Medicare, the supplement, and prescriptions all in the same plan).

Thanks.
P.J. from DE

Answers:

Medicare Advice

When I was selecting my mom's coverage last year, I had that same question. I studied the booklets put out, but still had questions even after calling the various agencies. I went to my local pharmacy, and took her information to them and let them look at her prescriptions and they helped me decide which coverage would save mother the most money on her drugs and the difference in the coverage itself.

My mom has state insurance, which she pays out of her pocket from my dad's retirement, Medicare and Community Care RX for part D. I am very pleased with the Community Care RX. My pharmacy said they help people all the time to decide which program is best for the person, because it is confusing to most of us. Hope this helps you. (11/28/2006)

By Jean in GA