Mermaid Tail Cake Topper (Gumpaste)
August 3, 2020
Here's an easy gum paste craft for those who like to have mermaid themed parties. This is very simple to make with only three ingredients and a knife as your craft tool.
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 large egg (white only)
- 1 tsp tylose powder
- food colors of your choice
- food safe gloves (optional)
- Sift powdered sugar before using. Add a teaspoon of tylose powder and mix well.
- Pour egg white and mix with a spoon until a dough is formed.
- Knead until dough is elastic.
- Divide the dough depending on how many colors you want.
- Add droplets of food coloring on each portion and knead on a flat surface dusted with powdered sugar.
- Wrap in plastic if you wish to use it on the next day. Or you can just use it immediately.
Form the tails.
- Take a portion of the colored dough. Depends on the size you wish to make.
- Roll this into an oval shape.
- Press one tip to flatten.
- Then cut a "V" shape in the center of the flattened portion using your knife.
- Create lines on the two sides of the "V" by softly pressing the knife on it.
- Pinch the tips on both sides to form the fin.
- Flatten the rest of the oval.
- Draw a criss cross on it using your knife.
- Gently press the sides to emphasise the shape of the tail. Slightly curl the fin.
- This will harden in a few minutes and then is ready to be placed on top of your cake and cupcakes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.