Making Milk Jug Ring Earrings
This is a guide about making milk jug ring earrings
. With a little bit of creativity, the rings at the top of milk jugs can be transformed into a neat pair of earrings.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These start with humble milk top rings and end up as elegant statement earrings. When people compliment you on them, you'll blow them away when you tell them what they are.:)
Total Time: About 30 minutes
- 2 milk jug bottle rings
- thick mercerized cotton thread
- 3. 25mm crochet hook
- embroidery needle
- 2 headpins
- 4 large jump rings
- wire cutters
- needle nose pliers
- 2 fish hook ear wires
- You will begin by crocheting around the plastic ring.
- Work 37 sc around, join with a slip stitch to the first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Add desired beads to headpins.
- Begin curling the end with the round needle nose pliers.
- All done!
- Open your jump ring and add the beaded headpin.
- Work this under a few threads of the ring and close.
- Now open another jump ring and add the fish hook ear wire. Work this under a few threads on top of the ring, lined up with the headpin. All set!
June 28, 20161 found this helpful
These delicate crocheted earrings look so pretty, you will hardly believe they are made from plastic milk jug rings. Learn how to make then in this short video.
In This Guide