Morning Sickness Remedies

Category Pregnancy
Morning sickness often occurs at all parts of the day and can often last all day long. Finding ways to relieve the nausea can help make the days more bearable. This guide contains morning sickness remedies.

Does anyone have a remedy for morning sickness? The kind of morning sickness I have thinks the morning is from 2am until about 8pm. Please, any suggestions?

Shannon in NC

Answers

By Kimberlina (Guest Post)

Hard ginger candies worked wonders for my friend, and for my sisters it was always that they needed to make sure they NEVER had an empty stomach- even saltines would do the trick.

By Sandy (Guest Post)

When I was pregnant the only thing that helped was hot water it must have relaxed the baby or moved her away from stomach what ever it worked so could function in the mornings.

I would try ginger -- either in the form of small pieces of raw, peeled ginger root, crystalized ginger, ginger beer or ale (both non-alcoholic,) or ginger tea. You could keep a small jar with crystallized ginger by your bed, so that you don't have to get up to go looking for it.

You could make the tea into an iced tea and keep a thermos full of it near your bed as well. I have used both raw ginger root and crystallized ginger for some majorly serious intestinal difficulties, and found it very helpful.

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have amazing ginger gummi bears that are really delicious, and very full of ginger flavor. Unfortunately, I have never managed to find them anywhere but at Trader Joe's. They come in re-sealable packages, and the packages are small enough so that they don't take up a tremendous amount of space.