GardenPhotos

My Miracle Rose (Pristine)

Photo Description
At the risk of being admonished by the editors for submitting too many rose pictures, I give my fellow members my best picture of my most perfect rose of the year.

And if I am admonished, what the heck. You only live once. That's what I was told in a former life, and I firmly believe it!

It has been overcast all morning. I spotted this opening bud of my Pristine Rose and thought the lighting might be good for a shot. I was right.

Though amateurish, this is truly a miracle shot. Let me tell you why, cause I can't stand it any longer. You remember my rose afflicted with stem rot? The one with every stem dead or dying? The one with rot everywhere except two inches on one stem?

This rose is growing on that fully recovered bush.

You can call me 'Anne', (as in 'Sullivan').

I am happy!

I also have Pristine. Here in NZ I moved it from Gremouth on the West Coast of the South Island to Christchurch on the East Coast, 23 years ago. It has been at the front of our house since. But with the event of the Christchurch earthquakes and after long going insurance battles we are getting close to demolishing our house and rebuilding.

I had taken several cuttings of Pristine but failed. So this year I bit the bullet and dug the poor thing out in winter and I am very relieved it is growing in the potting bag. It is such a hard working rose. Don't we get sentimental about our roses?

Reply Like this photo? 1

I wish I could tell you what you are doing wrong. I find them easy to root and have rooted several.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes