Nail Polish on Carpet

My ferret spilled blue nail polish on my beige carpet! How can I get it out? I tried nail polish remover but it didn't help. Can anyone help?

Dana from PA

Answers:

Nail Polish on Carpet

My lil one just spilled her red nail polish on my tan carpet! I sprayed it with shaving cream and let it sit for a couple minutes and wiped it up with a towel! I can't see it anymore! (05/25/2006)

By Candis

Thanks

I spilt hot pink nail polish on are carpet so we used nail polish remover, windex, shaving cream, and water. Now you can barely see it. (06/04/2006)

By Tiana

Nail Polish on Carpet

My granddaughter spilled black nail polish in the center of a berber carpet just as they were leaving the house for work/camp. My daughter only had time to blot it up with paper towels. She called me from work, asking what could be done. Thriftyfun to the rescue! I printed out this question and its responses. She used Windex, and the stain came out. Thank you on her behalf.

(08/14/2006)

By jean

Nail Polish: Awesome & Elbow Grease

I faced this challenge after 16 month old son dropped & broke a bottle of dark burgundy nail polish on beige carpet which also splashed onto computer case & USB port as well. On the carpet, first I tried nail polish remover & it wasn't working fast enough. We didn't have the name brand "Windex." Ran to the Dollar Tree & bought some "LA's Awesome" mentioned in a previous post. With hot water, old rag, lots of elbow grease, Prayer and the "Awesome" it came out in about 30 minutes_ of Spray, scrub, pat, Spray, scrub, pat. Computer: just used the nail polish remover, q-tips, and all is well. Hope this helps someone. Thanks Thrifty Fun! (08/26/2006)

By Kelly

Nail Polish on Carpet

I spilled pink nail polish 3 months ago, in the office of a rental property I was renting. With over $1500 at stake, I was in desperate need of divine intervention. So, I went to work, well my husband tried to help, but he almost managed to set the house a fire, by using gasoline! Anyway, I pulled out the shampooer, pulled up the fatal liquid and fumes and sought "Google, " were I found all of your advice. Using a combination of the Windex, WD-40, Carpet Detergent, Nail Polish Remover and prayer.The Landlord's cream carpet is almost as good as new, at least it's not noticeable. Your advice saved me my $1500 rental deposit, replacement of the carpet and frustration.

Thanks so much,

God Bless! (08/29/2006)

By Eric

Hair-spay and Windex

My daughter spilled half a bottle of red nail polish on our NEW tan carpet! AFter panicking, I read the entries on this website and ended up getting it out with hairspray and windex. It took some elbow grease but it worked! THANK GOODNESS! My husband would've blown a gasket! (09/28/2006)

By Caroline