No Need for a TV

Conscious choice or budgetary constraints can determine whether you can or want to pay for TV services. Living without a TV can be financially and mentally liberating. This is a guide about no need for a TV.

Due to a divorce that left me with no retirement at age 60, I do not pay for cable TV or any other TV service. I have to watch every penny and try to create some kind of retirement plan.

I love to read and I also do not have a computer at home. I work 40 hours and, if need be, stay after work if I really need to use the computer for personal things. Sometimes I go to the library.

I miss hearing the weather forecast but can use a radio if really interested. My garden and yard keep me busy except in the winter and then I catch up on home repairs. I don't miss TV.

I doubt I would miss TV either. There is so much garbage and violence and repetition that most of it is not worth the time. My husband is a TV junkie and gets very little done because of it.

Also, with an inexpensive dvd player there are so many genre of titles that there is little need for TV. If you have a cell phone you can get the weather or local news and even connect to the "world". I agree.

I dont watch as much TV as others. I learn a lot from websites such as this.

You are very resourceful. Pretty soon you will have to change your screen name since no glass slipper wont describe you

Anonymous

I just downsized my tv channels package. I can only watch one program at a time anyway. Saved money and have more time for productive things. You are very resourceful. A person can do without so much tv.

All you have to get is an old school TV and a digital converter. No need to pay for cable