No Need for a TV

Vote for this contest contender!

Due to a divorce that left me with no retirement at age 60, I do not pay for cable TV or any other TV service. I have to watch every penny and try to create some kind of retirement plan.

I love to read and I also do not have a computer at home. I work 40 hours and, if need be, stay after work if I really need to use the computer for personal things. Sometimes I go to the library.

I miss hearing the weather forecast but can use a radio if really interested. My garden and yard keep me busy except in the winter and then I catch up on home repairs. I don't miss TV.

I doubt I would miss TV either. There is so much garbage and violence and repetition that most of it is not worth the time. My husband is a TV junkie and gets very little done because of it. Also, with an inexpensive dvd player there are so many genre of titles that there is little need for TV. If you have a cell phone you can get the weather or local news and even connect to the "world". I agree.

I dont watch as much TV as others. I learn a lot from websites such as this.

You are very resourceful. Pretty soon you will have to change your screen name since no glass slipper wont describe you

We love t.v We are old folks now and we still fight over the t.v well now it is the remote. We are trying to find ways to cut back on our cost. Our daughter brought a digital antenna over yesterday just to see what we might can get for free.

The little thing she had we could get like eight channels. We are going to have to do something because our retirement does not allow for the price of cable. Some organizations that lend a helping hand , they will not even help people that have cable vision...

Anonymous

I just downsized my tv channels package. I can only watch one program at a time anyway. Saved money and have more time for productive things. You are very resourceful. A person can do without so much tv.

All you have to get is an old school TV and a digital converter. No need to pay for cable

I watch tv at night. Had cable for years, but when we went from 2 incomes to 1, that was first to go.

Went to my local dollar General & picked up an $11 antenna. Boom. We have all our local channels, plus some I had never heard of. No monthly bill.

Anonymous

We do not have TV.....havent had for 20 years. Definitely do not miss it

I do have an antenna TV but there just isn't anything on worth watching. I have a 2009 desktop computer that gives me all the entertainment that I want. I do surveys to get points. When I get enough points for an Amazon gift card, I buy books to read. I garden in the Summer, but the long cold winters get boring. My internet doesn't cost much and I need something to keep me from going crazy. I am not able to work and probably couldn't get a job at my age even if I was.

Kindle books (can be read on anything.. do not need a kindle) some are free. Quality books are free. Check the best selling kindle books and beside it you will see a button for the best selling free kindle books.

I have over 10,000 free really good Kindle books. Takes a bit of time, but being retired, so far I have extra time.