Noodle Soup with Pork Shank
Delicious to eat on a cold afternoon or evening. Made with no MSG or artificial ingredients in a all natural homemade broth.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 3 lb pork hind shank
- 1 26 oz package fresh rice soup noodle
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1.5 lb shrimp
- 1 daikon radish
- 1/4 ginger
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 green onion
- 1 cilantro
- 1.5 gal water
- Put dried shrimp in a bowl, add hot water and set aside.
- Boil hot water and wash pork hind shank then dry. Dash of salt/pepper and set aside.
- I used easy to peel shrimp. Then marinate with dash of salt/pepper and set aside.
- Bake garlic, ginger and onion at 350 F for about 10 minutes.
- Peel noodles and set aside.
- Prep your vegetables. Peel daikon and chop into large pieces to make the broth sweeter.
- Chop cilantro and green onions for topping later (set aside).
- In a large pot, boil 1.5 gallons of water. When the water boils, add dried shrimp.
- When boiled, add the pork hind shank. Dash of sugar and salt. Now lower heat to medium and cook for about 1 hour until pork hind shank softens. Add fish sauce and cover lid.
- Then, add the baked garlic, ginger, onions and daikon. Allow to boil.
- Serve immediately when ready. Add noodles and shrimp into the large pot along with the shrimp. The shrimp will cook instantly right after since the broth is hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!