Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Frugal Travel Guide

Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are popular tourist destinations. If you enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables novels then the island is a must. This page contains Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island frugal travel guide.

This summer I will be vacationing in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. I am looking for places that people have been to that are "must see" as well as any tips you may have.

Thanks,
az2010 from Easthampton, MA

Answers

By sandy (Guest Post)

Hi
We went to Nova Scotia and PEI last summer and I really liked PEI the best. They have a Ann of Green Gables show and we stayed the whole day there. They do parts of in the books and it was fabulous. The wax museum was a rip off, the people didnt look good.

By Mary (Guest Post)

I was raised in the Maritimes and head east any chance I get. In PEI- don't miss Green Gables if you have ever read the books. Charlottetown is full of Canadian history sites, there is a cool "touristy " mall right at the end of the bridge when you first hit the island that also had live entertainment when we were there a couple of years ago. Take time to walk along the wonderful ocean beaches, and try to find a lobster supper- usually put on by churches and oh so good! The scenery in both provinces is outstanding.

You can drive all over PEI in a day- NS is a bit bigger, so where to go depends on how long you've got. If you have time to travel the Cabot Trail- take lots of film. The views are incredible. The Alexander Graham Bell museum in Baddeck in cool to go to , at the NS/ NB border there were bagpipers at the tourist information center when we were there. Halifax is full of stuff to do, including the Bluenose, the Maritime Museum, great shopping, wonderful food and Citadel Hill. Peggys' Cove is world renowned and gets millions of visitors. Check out both provinces websites for good ideas and have a wonderful trip

By virginia (Guest Post)

Go on the internet for Nova Scotia and order their vacation magazine. It is the finest and most complete of any area we have visited.

DON'T MISS LOUISBOURG (spelling might be wrong). Plan on a day there.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Believe it or not, this is the ocean on a calm cold winter morning, not far from where I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. The island offshore protected this inlet from the winds.

By linn

Calm ocean in winter.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

A fishing boat (Cape Island Boat) heading home with their catch. This photo was taken at the entrance of the Halifax Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada.

By linn

Boat heading to shore.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

This was taken in Nova Scotia at my cousins house. It's beautiful there.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1