Odor Coming from Piano Keys After Tuning?

I have a Hallet and Davis upright which is 2 yrs. old. I had it tuned about 1 month ago and have since noticed a foul smell coming from the keys. This is something that was not there before.

By Nancy from Cumming, GA

Answers

I think you need to call the piano tuner and find out why this might be. Have you or anyone spilled anything on or around the piano? Or do you or anyone eat snacks when sitting at the piano? And do you possibly have a mouse problem or a kitty cat that might be getting on the piano? Best thing is to call a professional.

You didn't upset the piano tuner did you? lol

Piano tuner may have used something like fish oil when oiling moving parts - I know they use fish oil to prevent rust in cars - you should contact the tuner and ask/tell him - he may have a solution for you!

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 4, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Odor-Coming-from-Piano-Keys-After-Tuning-1.html