Operate an Old Computer Years into the Future
If you have been on the web for years, do not listen to anybody who tells you to update or to upgrade your old computer.
- Pay your internet provider to keep you on the web and to provide you with an email address.
- Use Google Chrome to bypass Microsoft and to enter the web site of your internet provider. In Canada, mine is Bell.net but I've also used Videotron.ca.
- Read your web mail directly from the site of your internet provider. My email is on Bell.net
- Download Firefox. Since Microsoft is no longer willing to support my old Windows XP, I use Firefox as my web browser and it has improved tremendously! It is absolutely free to use and can be filled with great free applications.
- Load Firefox with applications that will give you back full control
of your computer. Keep Windows and Microsoft and Google within your computer for future reference. With Firefox you will be able to stop the commercial rampage and destruction of our world wide web.
Source: Go to the Firefox web site and read the information there. http://www.firefox.net
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!