Oven Baked Stuffed Game Hen Recipe
A simple, delicious main course can be oven baked stuffed game hens. These small birds are perfect for for one person.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A delicious and healthy meal to serve for a family of 4!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 2 hens
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 orange
- 1 white onion
- 1 knob garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 pieces lemon leaves
- 2 leaves fresh thyme
- 2 leaves fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
- Clean hens with salt and water, then put aside for the hen to dry.
- In the meantime, prep the ingredients to be stuffed into the hen. Cut orange slices, slice onions, and peel garlic. Wash thyme, rosemary and lemon leaves.
- Wash brussels sports and cut in half. Set aside for later.
- In a bowl combine salt, pepper, fish sauce, chili flakes and mix together. Pat dry your hens. Using your hands, rub the seasoning on the hen's skin.
- Now it is time to stuff the inside of the hen. Put the oranges, onions, whole garlic knob, thyme, rosemary, lemon leaves and marinate. I marinated for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the hens on foiled tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the hen the other side and cook for another 20 minutes. At this time, add the halved brussels sprouts.
- Now pull the hens out a little and brush the hen's skin with honey and bake for another 5 minutes per side or until yellow.
- Allow the hens to cool and ready to serve!