Oven Baked Stuffed Game Hen
Vote for this contest contender!
A delicious and healthy meal to serve for a family of 4!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 2 hens
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 orange
- 1 white onion
- 1 knob garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 pieces lemon leaves
- 2 leaves fresh thyme
- 2 leaves fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts
- Clean hens with salt and water, then put aside for the hen to dry.
- In the meantime, prep the ingredients to be stuffed into the hen. Cut orange slices, slice onions, and peel garlic. Wash thyme, rosemary and lemon leaves.
- Wash brussels sports and cut in half. Set aside for later.
- In a bowl combine salt, pepper, fish sauce, chili flakes and mix together. Pat dry your hens. Using your hands, rub the seasoning on the hen's skin.
- Now it is time to stuff the inside of the hen. Put the oranges, onions, whole garlic knob, thyme, rosemary, lemon leaves and marinate. I marinated for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the hens on foiled tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the hen the other side and cook for another 20 minutes. At this time, add the halved brussels sprouts.
- Now pull the hens out a little and brush the hen's skin with honey and bake for another 5 minutes per side or until yellow.
- Allow the hens to cool and ready to serve!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!