Paper Butterfly Bracelet
This paper butterfly bracelet is the perfect spring craft for kids. Using scrap paper, glitter and glue you can really make this butterfly shine.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
After going to a local garden nursery and seeing beautiful butterflies, the kids wanted to have "butterfly superpowers".
I asked the kids if they could make butterfly bracelets as their superpowers and they agreed! Kids have phases when it comes to toys and luckily you can easily make these out of paper and discard after.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- your choice of construction paper/paper
- glue stick
- Cut out a 1" inch strip of paper and a square. (I made two sets of bracelets - one for my daughter/son.)
- Fold the square piece and freehand cut out a butterfly.
- Back to strip of paper, measure your child's wrist and cut off the excess. Then, cut about 1.5 cm apart slit on each side so the bracelet can be worn.
- Ask your child how'd they like to decorate their butterfly. They can decorate with glitter, stickers, color pencils, markers, crayons, or scraps of paper. My toddler cut pieces of glittery paper and random scrap paper for decoration.
- Apply glue onto the butterfly and it's ready to decorate!
- Apply tape on the front of the bracelet and stick on the decorated butterfly. Then ready for your kids to play.