Patriotic Vase Made of Straws
July 2, 2021
With some Dollar Tree straws, glue, and a plastic cylindrical container, you can make this just in time for the 4th! This is a cool idea for kids, but a hot glue gun is used. Supervision is always recommended.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 Plastic container like iced tea mixes come in
- 1 Scissors
- 1 Hot glue
- 2 packages Straws in reds and blues
- 12 in Scrap ribbon
- 3 little foam stars
- I wanted one color of the straws to be the same height of the container, and another to stick up a bit. So I measured the blue and cut it, then the red about 1/2 inch higher.
- After they were cut, I glued them on, alternating the red and blue. The first one glued in is crucial that it's straight. Once that is done, the rest are pretty much just one after the other.
- I then measured the ribbon to go around twice. I was afraid the white middle star would get lost in the colors, so I added a piece vertical so it would show. Then I added the stars. They are kind of 'pudgy' in the middle so I had to hold them down a bit. I will trim the back next time I use them.
- Just add the flowers, your choice of colors, and you are done. N-JOY!!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.