Petoskey, Michigan Frugal Travel Guide

Category Michigan
A city and four seasons coastal resort located in the state of Michigan. This page contains a frugal travel guide for Petoskey, Michigan.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This picture was from our trip to Petoskey, Michigan last summer. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been! This particular picture was taken at the bay.

Seagull300x225.jpg

We fed this little guy at the bay in Petoskey, Michigan. He was one of many!

lighthouse300x278.jpg

This picture is of a lighthouse that we saw at the bay.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Seagull on a rock at the bay.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Hi Robin, yes, Petoskey is beautiful! I lived there from the late 60's. That breakwater/lighthouse, I remember it well. Petoskey changed a lot, since I lived there, and back then, I had to go into a wooded area to get on to the breakwater. I was sitting there on the end of it, and a storm came up quick, and the waves were going over the breakwater, and I almost didn't make it back.

I would run to the metal pilings in the middle of it, and I would hold on tight as the waves went over me, and between the waves, I just ran as fast as I could between those metal posts, and hung on tight to them for my very life.

I still remember it clearly having to get back to shore. Wow, great picture of it in here, thanks!

Reply Like this photo? Yes