Pickled Spicy Peppers
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
There are many recipes for pickled peppers. This recipe is different in that as a result, hot peppers will never lose their shape, and canned jars can be stored without a refrigerator.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Min
Yield: 3 Jars 0.5L
- 1.5 lb Hot peppers for 3 glass jars 0.5L
- 4-5 cups White wine vinegar 5%
- 6 Fresh celery springs
- 1.5 tsp Red pepper
- 6 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Clove
- 0.5 Tbsp Black peppercorns
- 9 Cardamom seeds
- 1.5 tsp Dill seeds
- 1 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1.5 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp Pickling salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 5 cups Drinking water
- Peel the garlic cloves. Wash and dry hot pepper, fresh celery leaves and garlic cloves.
- Wash and sterilize jars and lids. I used a water bath for this.
- Put in every jar condiments: 2 bay leaves, 9 black peppercorns, 3 cloves, 3 cardamoms, 0.5 tsp dill seeds, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 0.5 tsp coriander seeds, 0.5 tsp red pepper. Add 3 garlic cloves and 2 fresh celery springs.
- Fill the jars with the hot peppers, pressing down to fill in spaces. You may put in the jars whole hot peppers or first slice them.
CAUTION! Please be careful not to touch your eyes after slicing.
- Pour boiling water into the jars. Then close the jars with lids. Turn the jar back and forth alternately so that the hot peppers are evenly warmed up.
- In 10-15 minutes, carefully pour the water from the jars into a pan, hot peppers should remain in the jars.
Bring water to a boil and repeat previous step.
For large, whole hot peppers, repeat process of heating again.
This method of heating sterilizes the peppers, but does not make them boiled and softened.
- In 10-15 minutes, pour water from the jars into the pan, measuring its amount. Mix water and vinegar in a 1 to 1 ratio to obtain the desired amount, add 2 tbsp. sugar per 1 L of the brine, 2 tbsp. salt per 1 L. Boil the brine.
- Pour the brine into the jars and finally screw on the lids.
Such pickled hot pepper can be stored for a long time without refrigerator.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.