Pine Stump Planters?

I have two pine stumps/logs. They have been removed from the ground. I want to preserve them with the bark on and use as planters. Any suggestions on how to and what to use?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 168 Feedbacks

My husband cut back two trees and left the stumps. He then hollowed out the inside about 12 inches and I put good quality potting soil in the hole and planted hen little chicks and both stumps are full of them and they are weather tolerant and come back on their own each year. There's about a two inch rim of the stump's circumference to hold the soil/plants. So far the stump planters have been in use for about four years and still look good.

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersJune 17, 2015
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pine-Stump-Planters.html