Plastic Bottle Bracelets
This plastic bottle craft is fun to do with little kids. All you need are some plastic bottles, fabric scraps, and glue. You can come up with so many cute designs and have bracelets in a multitude of colours.
I use plain old glue for light fabrics and a heavier craft glue for thick fabrics and jewels.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 bracelet
- plastic bottle
- X-Acto knife or box cutter
- iron (optional)
- beads (optional)
- Cut into the side of your plastic bottle with an X-Acto knife, then get your scissors inside and cut rings out of your bottle.
- If you'd like the jagged edges smooth and curved inward like a traditional bracelet, very gently press the edges of the bracelet against a hot iron. I have a craft iron and I do this while wearing a mask. This step is completely optional.
- Cut a strip of fabric so it's long enough to cover the bracelet and wide enough to glue shut on the underside.
- Add a few drops of glue to the outside of the bracelet. With a finger or a brush, spread the glue around thinly so you can't see it from under the fabric. Press the fabric down and adhere it to the plastic bracelet.
- Now dab glue on the inside of the bracelet, then fold the extra fabric inward. Seal shut.
- Add beads or jewels if so desired.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!