Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 22, 2015
If you don't have a bottle of pomegranate molasses, do yourself a favour and get one! It comes in handy for all sorts of exotic, tasty recipes. Here is a super simple recipe using it to make an amazing, complex tasting main course. If you can't get a hold of the molasses, use pomegranate juice (available at most stores) and a couple teaspoons of honey or sugar.
Total Time: 35
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 orange
- 3 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grate garlic in a bowl.
- Squeeze orange onto grated garlic.
- Add pomegranate molasses and honey to garlic orange mixture. Blend well.
- Sprinkle in the paprika.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt. Place thighs in skillet, skin side down, and cook three minutes.
- Flip and cook another three minutes. You just want to get a crispy exterior.
- Transfer chicken to baking pan and place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and drizzle generously with the pomegranate molasses mixture. Bake for 10 mminutes more.
- Drizzle any remaining pomegranate molasses on to chicken and serve straight away.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 207 Feedbacks
August 25, 20150 found this helpful
I have used it as a rub on steak (awesome) but will surely try it on chicken now, too. Your recipe looks yummy! Thank you for sharing!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.