Pop Heart Decoration
Vote for this contest contender!
Decorate your home this Valentine's Day with a touch of thriftiness. Find a tissue or Japanese paper or even a plain colored paper that you like and you can enjoy the season full of hearts around you.
- 1 piece white paper
- 5 pieces red art paper
- paperclips (optional)
- pen for marking
- Start with the white paper. Fold it and from that fold start cutting a half heart shape. Now, you have a whole heart when you open it.
- Next, get a piece of red art paper and fold it twice in equal size.
- Cut along the middle fold of the piece of art paper.
- Now, start cutting the red paper into half heart shapes with the help of the white one. Use the white cut out as your pattern. Set them all aside. (you might need approximately 12 hearts)
- Fold the pattern. The fold should be in the center.
- Make another fold where the tip of the heart ends at the center fold. Do the same with the top portion.
- Then, mark the folds. On the left, you have top and bottom folds marked. The right side has the middle fold marked and the curved portion on top. (See photo for exact details.)
- Now, open the heart. Using a toothpick, put a drop of glue into the middle following the marks on your pattern.
- Carefully close it. Next, on the front face of the heart put a drop of glue on the left and right sides not including the middle mark.
- Cover with another piece of half heart. Secure with paper clips for better results.
- On the next layer, repeat steps 9 and 10, alternately upto the last layer.
- Wait until the glue completely dries up. When it's ready, carefully pull the layers and stick together both ends and it's done!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!