Potato Broccoli Bacon Cheese Stewp
This crock pot wonder is thick enough to be stew, but it's technically a soup!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5.5 hours
Yield: 6-7 cups
Source: I found a recipe and modified it from All Recipes
- 29 oz chicken or veggie broth ($2.98)
- 4 large potatoes, washed and cubed. ($1.00)
- 3 Tbsp butter ($.25)
- 3 cups milk ($.50)
- 1/3 cup flour ($.10)
- 4 cups cheese, shredded ($1.50)
- 6 slices turkey bacon ($2.00)
- 2 Tbsp each garlic powder, salt and pepper. ($.15)
- 1 cup onions (optional) ($.35)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- Wash and dice your spuds. Add the potatoes and the broth to your crock pot. Add the onions. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add your milk and broccoliand cook for another hour.
- In a small sauce pan, make your roux with the butter and flour. Add to the pot and lower heat and cook another hour, making sure it's all stirred in nicely.
- When your fourth hour is done, add the cooked bacon crumbled or broken up. Cook another 1/2 hour.
- Add your cheese and cook the last 30 minutes. Serve with a nice bread and a salad. This is one of the best 'stewps' I have ever made.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.