Potty Training a Dog

I have a now 5 month old blue nose/red nose mix. We've had her for about a month and no matter what we do, she still pees and poops inside the house. She has stopped going in her crate however.

I've tried schedules, limiting water, watching for signs she needs to pee, and giving her lots of praise when she potties outside. She frequently goes outside, I almost always wait until she has peed and pooped before we go back in, but then she will still pee and poop on the floor inside. She has even pooped in my car, TWICE. I'm at a loss for what to do or try next. Please help!

Best Answer

There are some dogs that are so hard to train and get them housebroken. If you have her on a schedule and you take her out every 2 hours to go to the bathroom this should work for you. In cases like this, it might be necessary to keep the dog on a leach in the house and next to you so you can see what the dog is up to. If this one is hard to do you may need to get some special training for the dog and get the dog trainer to help you out.

If you have a closed yard it might be a good idea to leave the dog a bit longer in the backyard before bringing him back in the house. The Pit Bull needs a lot of walks and exercise all the time. They are very active dogs and need a large area to run or a dog park near you to go and play in. I feel the dog is not getting enough exercise for a puppy and this can be one way the dog is showing you he needs more attention and wants to go on much longer walks than he is getting right now.

There could be a underlying problem, That only a Vet can tell you.- Here is a link to potty training - www.petmd.com/.../evr_dg_how-to-potty-train-your-dog

Pets Dogs House TrainingJuly 15, 2020
😷
🐛
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Potty-Training-a-Dog.html