Protecting a Mattress

My elderly father occasionally has an "accident" during the night. I have placed a quilted waterproof pad, approximately one yard square, on top of the bottom sheet. If the bed is accidentally soiled during the night, all he does is toss the pad and either returns into a clean bed or places another dry pad in the bed.

This is an efficient tip that saves time washing and changing the sheets. My father feels more independent knowing that he doesn't have to disturb anyone during the night. The pad we use is the one the nurses used when he was hospitalized. Patients sleep on it to make it easier for nurses to slide them into their beds.

Source: Our own experience.

By Dee from New Orleans

More Solutions

I have an idea for a waterproof cover to protect the bed from bed-wetting. The hardware store has rolls of plastic sheeting in various sizes and thicknesses. It's available in both black and clear.

Home and Garden Cleaning BedroomsJune 5, 2013
🌻
🐛
👔
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Protecting-a-Mattress.html