Putting a Diamond in a Different Ring?

October 30, 2008

How much would it cost to have my diamond put in a new wedding band set? I know of course that I would have to pay for the new wedding set but does anyone know how much a jeweler would charge to take my diamond out of my old ring and put it in the new one? Thanks!


Mindy from Washington, IN


By Penny C. (Guest Post)
October 30, 20080 found this helpful
Best Answer

I just had one done. I paid about 25.00 to have the switch done but my diamond was too big for the head (prongs) in the new ring. so a new head was 60.00 more, but that was for a 6 prong head. The diamond was half karat and had sentimental value. For me it was worth the pricey 6 prong, to make sure it didn't get lost if one prong went bad.

By Darlene (Guest Post)
October 30, 20080 found this helpful
Best Answer

I need to have my ring fixed also.After a while the prong's become weak and you at that point may just as well have it reset due to the price's it can become pretty pricey just to fix it. In order to have a new mounting it will depend on the size of your diamond,and the mounting you chose for it. What jewelry store's are doing now is a couple times a month a man will come in look at your ring ask how much you want to spend and then show you what he has.


Showplaces will make a setting you yourself have designed. So start calling the store's to find out how they themselves do this and also just in case someone is coming in soon you may still be able to reserve a spot. Also they usually make the ring while waiting and you can have it in the same day. Good Luck, have fun, Darlene


Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 59 Requests
October 30, 20080 found this helpful

Call some of the jewelers in your area to compare prices and warranties.


Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 104 Posts
October 30, 20080 found this helpful

No one can estimate that. There are too many things to take into account. The jewelers give free estimates. Just go to several and ask.

October 30, 20080 found this helpful

Take it into a jeweler and they will give you a free estimate.

October 30, 20080 found this helpful

Call around to compare. Typically in my area I do not recall a fee when you are spending the money already for the new setting, but that was a while ago so things may have changed.

October 27, 20200 found this helpful

What is the name of the round thing called that u put your finger into?


Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
October 28, 20200 found this helpful

I believe this is just called a ring sizer gauge. The long skinny tool is a mandrel.

Answer this Question
Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 20, 2022
Father's Day Ideas!
Mother's Day Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-05-07 08:22:09 in 9 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.