Re-Upholstered Ottoman

I found this ottoman for $7.50 at Goodwill. Then, I found the "material" (actually a curtain from Goodwill for $4.50) that went with the colors in the room where I am using the ottoman. It needed to be re-upholstered because the leather was worn and I didn't like the dark color. You can use this same procedure with reupholstering chairs if the seat is removable.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• 1 furniture item
  • fabric
  • staples
  • staple gun

1. Remove the seat from ottoman or chair. (These are usually screwed in place.)
  2. Place top on wrong side of fabric. Cut around the edges leaving 8" around the border depending on the thickness of the furniture.
  3. Starting with the corners, bring in the corner of your fabric to the corner of the piece of furniture and staple in place. Now fold the two sides next to the corner. Fold under the fabric as you staple in place going around the perimeter of the seat.
  4. Advertisement

5. In minutes, you have a new look!

Crafts Furniture ReupholsteringSeptember 3, 2020
🎂
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Re-Upholstered-Ottoman-1.html