Receipt Storage

contest winner icon
I store all my receipts for the month in this long magnetic box that I bought from Michaels for $3.49, originally $6.99 (with a 50% coupon).

At the end of each month, I will add the receipts into my spreadsheet to see my monthly spendings. I also clean out the receipts that can be tossed out and put away receipts that need to be saved.

I also put coupons I get in there, encase I need them to use next trip.

Anonymous

Looks great, but I just use a plastic shoe box - cost $1.00. My kitty sleeps on top of the receipts.

Anonymous

I put mine in an empty kleenex box.

I use a magnetic box too, except it is where I put receipts at the end of each month. During the month I collect them on a receipt stake. At the end of each month, after highlighting deductible expenses with colored highlighters and putting the necessary information in a finance ledger, I then place receipts in the box behind the appropriate monthly divider. Previously, other, free options were used. After receiving a gift in a magnetic box, I began using it for that purpose. It is rather amazing what a difference using an attractive container makes in my attitude towards end of the month bookwork.