Recipes Using Pomegranates

I have been given several pomegranates. Do they ripen after being picked? Also, I would like some suggestions on using them.

By anak

Answers

Yum! I just bought some pomegranates a few weeks ago. Do you know how to open them & remove the arils? If you haven't done that yet, you need to know that the juice stains. Don't wear your best crisp white shirt! I put all the arils into a storage container and leave it in the fridge. We just go get some whenever we want a snack.

Here is a link to the Pom Wonderful website. It has lots of good information. I never use mine in recipes. We just eat them straight!
www.pomwonderful.com/.../

Mrs.story gave you an excellent link! Also, do you know that for oodles of centuries that women used the juice that stains from pomegranates as a color cosmetic for lip and cheek stain? That's another use if you're willing to experiment. ;-)

Thanks for the advice. I've tried arils in my salads and we liked it a lot. Loved the Pom Wonderful site.

Answer this Question

4 More Questions

I have a power juicer and want to know if you can put pomegranates in the juicer?

By Barb from Columbia, MO

Answers

Yes, It can easily extract the juice of pomegranate without peeling. Its yield of pomegranate juice is 400 ml Juice from 1 Kg. fruit. good luck.

With all the little seeds, I would think the basket area is going to get clogged really fast. This happened to me when I tried to use the dark purple skinned grapes that had seeds. It became too much of a nuisance to have to constantly empty and clean it.

Answer this Question

We have a wonderfully productive pomegranate tree - but what do I do with all that fruit? So far all we've been doing is making folks happy by giving them away - can I freeze the "jewels"? Make juice? Any suggestions?

Brenda from Manteca, CA

Answers

Brenda, there are lots of web sites with recipes for
pomegranates. Just Google 'pomegranate recipes'
and you'll be amazed at how many hits you'll get.

Answer this Question

If you are looking for an unusual main dish, try these pomegranate and spice flavored meatballs that contain a hard boiled egg inside. This Persian inspired main dish is severed in its own broth.

Egg-Stuffed Pomegranate Meatball cut in half

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

For a delicious tart pork rib dish begin with juiced pomegranates. The tart sweet cooking liquid becomes a luscious glaze. Beautiful to see, and yummy to eat, this is an artful dish.

Glazed Pomegranate Pork Ribs on plate

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitJanuary 13, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Pomegranates.html