Recipes for Canning Peppers

I need a recipe for canning mild or sweet peppers. I have four plants and I have a lot of peppers. They are the long sweet peppers.

Darlene from MS

Answers:

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I don't know about canning them, but I'd just freeze them. (06/19/2008)

By Judi

Recipes for Canning Peppers

Here is a recipe I got from a girl I work with. I have never made this, but she gave me a jar she made and it was outstanding. You can make it hot or mild depending on what type of pepper(s) you use. It makes a chunky jardinere that's excellent on a beef sandwich.

• Slice jalapeno peppers, carrots, onions, celery (any other vegetables you wish to add) into large ceramic bowl.
  • Boil 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar and pour over mixture (enough to cover vegetables).
  • Weigh down with brick for 12 hours.
  • Drain liquid and pour mixture back into bowl.
  • Add oregano (to desired preference) and stir.
  • Add mixture to clean jars.
  • Add clove of garlic to each jar.
  • Fill jars with oil to cover mixture.
  • Keep refrigerated. It can be kept up to a year.

She weighs it down by putting a plate on top and then uses a brick to hold it down. (06/20/2008)

By Mary

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I can peppers every year and I always use the same recipe for all peppers sweet or hot. I'm doing banana peppers now.

• 6 cups of water
  • 2 cups of white vinegar
  • 1/3 cup of salt, I always use coarse

Put the peppers in hot jars. Boil water, vinegar, and salt for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring. Pour over the peppers and seal. (09/05/2008)

By margaret

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I grate cabbage, put oil and salt in and also grated onion. Stuff Banana peppers. Put in jars and make a brine of 1 part vinegar and two parts water. Put in a pan of very hot water and leave until water cools. Put one clove of garlic in. This is also good if you put in a hot pepper. (09/08/2008)

By Steve mom