Recycled Cardboard Box Valentine's Day Mailbox

Do you have any cardboard boxes laying around? They'll be perfect for a Valentine's Day mailbox project.

This is a little cute mailbox for your home as decor (have your kids/family participate in sending little notes/drawings for your family throughout the month of February) or, great idea to start saving a box if your child's school requires a homemade Valentine's Day mailbox to be made for school.

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 1 mail box

1. I used a coconut water cardboard box, or you can use any rectangular box like a shoe box. Since my cardboard box is tall, I marked all around to cut out with an X-acto knife for the base of my mailbox.
  2. I wrapped my box with a poly mailer and attached with a glue stick because I liked the poly mailer pattern. You can use fabric, paper, paint, duct tape, etc. to cover the cardboard box.
  3. I used a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper and measured out the length of the box and cut to fit. This paper will be for the roof of the mailbox.
  4. Optional: Decorate or use any remaining pieces to line the inside of your box.
  5. Draw a mailbox flag on another piece of paper and cut out.
  6. Use a push pin - poke a hole in the mailbox flag and poke another hole where you want your mailbox flag to go on your mailbox.
  7. Place brad pin into the hole and secure onto your mailbox.
  8. For finishing touches - use a paper scrap and cut out a rectangle. Poke two holes in it and add brads to secure onto the front of the mailbox. You can put your child's name or in this case will put our family last name.