Valentine's Mailbox Ideas

Do you have any cardboard boxes laying around? They'll be perfect for a Valentine's Day mailbox project.

This is a little cute mailbox for your home as decor (have your kids/family participate in sending little notes/drawings for your family throughout the month of February) or, great idea to start saving a box if your child's school requires a homemade Valentine's Day mailbox to be made for school.

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 1 mail box

• cardboard box
  • poly mailer
  • scrapbook paper
  • brad pins
  • scissors
  • X-acto Knife
  • gluestick
  • pen

1. I used a coconut water cardboard box, or you can use any rectangular box like a shoe box. Since my cardboard box is tall, I marked all around to cut out with an X-acto knife for the base of my mailbox.
  2. I wrapped my box with a poly mailer and attached with a glue stick because I liked the poly mailer pattern. You can use fabric, paper, paint, duct tape, etc. to cover the cardboard box.
  3. I used a 12x12 sheet of scrapbook paper and measured out the length of the box and cut to fit. This paper will be for the roof of the mailbox.
  4. Optional: Decorate or use any remaining pieces to line the inside of your box.
  5. Draw a mailbox flag on another piece of paper and cut out.
  6. Use a push pin - poke a hole in the mailbox flag and poke another hole where you want your mailbox flag to go on your mailbox.
  7. Place brad pin into the hole and secure onto your mailbox.
  8. For finishing touches - use a paper scrap and cut out a rectangle. Poke two holes in it and add brads to secure onto the front of the mailbox. You can put your child's name or in this case will put our family last name.

More Solutions

This is a Valentine's mailbox that I made for my neighbor girl. They had a contest at school and she won second place with it.

Decorated Valentine's Day mailbox.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Instead of using the standard shoe box for your kids' Valentine's mailbox, decorate an empty cereal box instead. It fits better in their backpacks.

6 Questions

I was wondering if anyone had any great creative Valentine box ideas? Pictures are great too to see the box. Thanks.

By Anne from Kansas City, MO

Answers

Best Answer

We created a different type of love bug using a hinged shoe box and a paint stick for a handle.

1 of 2 pics

Best Answer

Pic 2 - open mouth

Best Answer

Other hinged shoebox version

Best Answer

and open

Best Answer

We bought a styrofoam bait bucket from the sporting goods department at a local Wal-Mart and painted the top brown and the bottom orange (like a terra cotta pot). We made tissue paper flowers and inserted them in the top with pipe cleaner. We cut a slit in the lid. Viola, a flower pot.

Best Answer

We used a postal service Priority box to make a Zune MP3 player. We attached a piece of yarn with marshmallows on the end for headphones.

Best Answer

You can do anything with crumpled newspaper and masking tape. My second grader wanted an alligator, after watching his brother a few years earlier make a shark. If they can draw they can sculpt and it is fun to see what they come up with.

Answer this Question

Use some of your child's space themed artwork to decorate a tissue box. Now you have a fun, unique Valentine's Day card box.

Space Valentine Box - one end with large red heart and smaller elements

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm looking for ideas for creative Valentine's Day shoe box designs for children's Valentine cards. I have a variety of fabrics and trim; ribbon etc., and I am looking for inspirations!

Crafts Valentine's DayFebruary 13, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf790506.tip.html