Recycled Moroccan Windchime

I made this with mostly recycled items. Most of this you can find in your local thrift store. I used an old brass tea pot, old brass plate, and used planter. I then found some old plastic beads that my daughter had in a tin when she was little. I bought some old vintage mismatched silverware at an estate sale and went to Lowe's and bought a metal pipe.

I painted the pipe black with a cheap can of spray paint and drilled holes all the way through the top and bottom of the pipe. I then took a drill and drilled holes in the brass plate and ran a screw to hold the tea pot onto the plate. I drilled tiny holes around the base of the plate and through the silverware. I then strung brass wire through beads, silverware, and pipe. I added prisms here and there for interest.

This was a fun project using any type of recycled items. It helps to have some kind of power tool experience.

By Cathy Gemkow from Stanwood, WA

Pretty cool. What did you use for the clapper in the middle of the chimes?

Sorry I did not add that in the listing, two (jingle bell sor Sleigh Bells) I had from Christmas and mounted them on the chain that holds the upside down small planter in the center of windchime. Hope that helps : )

Glorious!

Crafts Garden & Yard WindchimesApril 2, 2012
💘
🍀