Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - folded ribbon with paper clipsI had two drawers in my craft caddy just stuffed with the round spools of decorator ribbon. There were spools sitting on top, too. Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - rolls of ribbon

So last night while watching TV, I decided to fix it. I unrolled each one, and laid them flat in a pseudo roll of a new fashion. Now, they all fit in one drawer, sideways, giving me a second drawer for other things. Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - folded ribbon with paper clips

If you do this, I would use binder clips as the flattened roll was so thick the paperclips didn't work as well. Rubber bands might work, too. Or you could do the old "fake money paper bands" and just do a piece of paper and tape. Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - ready to put back in the drawer

Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - ribbon standing on edge in drawer

The second drawer now has poker chips, plastic lids for this year's crafts and the metallic star ribbon I couldn't flatten. Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon - contents of second drawer

Ever searching for a way to consolidate things, since I live in a 480 square foot apt., this has really helped. Hope it helps you, too.

Organizing CraftsApril 2, 2020
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reducing-the-Bulk-of-Craft-Ribbon-1.html