Reducing the Bulk of Craft Ribbon

Category Crafts
Crafting ribbon on spools can take up a lot of space. Here is one way to reduce the bulk and make room for more supplies.

I had two drawers in my craft caddy just stuffed with the round spools of decorator ribbon. There were spools sitting on top, too.

So last night while watching TV, I decided to fix it. I unrolled each one, and laid them flat in a pseudo roll of a new fashion. Now, they all fit in one drawer, sideways, giving me a second drawer for other things.

If you do this, I would use binder clips as the flattened roll was so thick the paperclips didn't work as well.

Rubber bands might work, too. Or you could do the old "fake money paper bands" and just do a piece of paper and tape.

The second drawer now has poker chips, plastic lids for this year's crafts and the metallic star ribbon I couldn't flatten.

Ever searching for a way to consolidate things, since I live in a 480 square foot apt., this has really helped. Hope it helps you, too.

Organizing CraftsApril 2, 2020
😷
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒

Generated 2020-04-05 08:52:57 in 847 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️