Remedy for Dog With Itchy Inflamed Ears

My dog is a Dachshund mix and her ears are horrid. They are red and inflamed, very scaly, and very sore. They have raw spots that are bleeding all over the inside flap of her ear. We bought her ear drops made by Sentry for ear mites, ticks, and itch relief. We give her 5 drops, two times a day, but it is still not working! Please tell me what's wrong.

By Haley. C

You need to take you dog to the vet ASAP. This sounds as if it could be anything from ear mites to some sort of allergy. At any rate, your dog is suffering and needs to be seen by an expert.

Stop with Vets and medications. My one Shih Tzus was on meds when I got her . Did nothing.

Coconut oil in food. No chicken, or grains .
Buy fish oil Im sure its a yeast issue.

Anonymous

Once you bring your dog to the vet you will see what he is prone to. Ask for advice and what you can buy to prevent the ear problems. I always ask and buy one of what they suggest and then go to websites and search online for products that are the same. I have rescued dogs for 40 years. You can put washes in, order long one sided q-tips to clean and wipe the inside of the ear. When the dogs have flapping ears or ears that go down it stays moist and invites germs. Keep it clean.

Whatever it is, it has probably progressed to an infection. I would take the dog to a vet, as the dog is undoubtably suffering.

Also get some vetricyn and put on the ears, and also increase the nutrients in the food by making sure there are no grains or corn in the food.

Please do not self administer anything to any animal. Your Veterinarian is the animal's best friend.

Get zymox ear treatment. You can order online at www.entirelypets.com and you won't be disappointed! It works and it is great. Begins to work immediately.

I agree! ZYMOX IS OVER THE COUNTER AND JUST FLUSHES AND CLEANS THE EARS GENTLY, MY VET SAYS THIS IS THE BEST THING TO DO BEFORE WASTING MONEY ON A VISIT OR ZYMAX IF U THINK THERE ARE MITES OR INFECTION.

THE VET IS NOT ALWAYS THE ANSWER YOUR LOCAL PET STORE CAN BE PERFECTLY FINE FOR ADVICE AND LIKE HERE! The internet savedmy dogs life not her vet..

Where can you find this? Pet store?

Anonymous

Consider getting your dog on a natural diet of raw meat and bones. That should solve the majority of your health problems. You'll see miraculous results within days. In the meantime, treat the ears topically. Just remember that the dog's body will heal itself of any ailment when you start to put in the right foods. Stop buying commercial pet foods and save money as well as the life of your pet.

Try using coconut oil. I have been using it on my dogs ears and it seems to be working.

Her puppy had some scabs from itching and they were gone within days.