Remedy for Dog's Itchy Ears

I have read all of the questions here and none of them quite fit our situation. My 8 year old Lab has itchy ears. The difference is they are clean and not smelly. He shakes his head and does all of the behaviors associated with an infection, but there is no redness or scaly skin. Poor guy needs some relief.

By Ginger R. from TX

The answer to your Dog's "on-going" problem is simple. Consult your VETERINARIAN before this poor boy shakes his ears into a Hematoma.

My 3 year old labradoodle has the same problem - The vet looks at her ears every time we go in but doesn't see any problems. Her ears are clean but they get red and itch - even more the past couple of week. It could possible be airborne allergies since were in early June now.

The vet recommended Benadryl which helps a little - but I don't really like giving it to her all the time. I know what you are going through especially when the vet can't see a problem. I will try some of the home remedies I have found online and also the recommendation for Vetricyn.

The solution to your Dog's "on-going" ear problem is simple. Contact your veterinarian.