TravelTravel and Recreation

Remove Home Address From Luggage

contest winner icon
If you have your home address written on your luggage tag, it's best to remove it. It's become more common these days that criminals are stashing illegal items in people's luggage, then keeping the home addresses in order to retrieve those items later.

This can cause much grief for you, sometimes even jail time if illegal substances are involved. In case you're worried your luggage will get lost, an airline is never going to just ship it your house automatically. They are going to contact you via phone and email first to discuss the proper steps, so that's all the information you need on the luggage tag: your email and your number.

Source: Advice given to me directly from British Airways

Oh yes definitely. We provide our name, phone # and email only. No house addresses at all!

Good! I just flew home and I saw a bunch of extra info on the luggages of people near me. I had to share the info :)